Immanuel Lutheran Church & School moved to its new location on Highway N in June 2009. Immanuel’s previous location had been in operation since 1899 and served as a central hub of activity in downtown Wentzville. Congregation and school growth in combination with a 17 acre land donation were catalysts for moving the campus its new location on Highway N.
A site plan was developed to accommodate the congregation and school needs for present and future expansion. Elements considered included; patterns for traffic & pedestrian circulation, auto & pedestrian safety, outdoor gathering areas, storm water management, sports facilities, planting plans and future expansion.
Immanuel received a 319 mini-grant from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources and the EPA in 2012 for installation of rain gardens to use as educational tools and alternative solutions to sustainable storm water management. The project was installed in May of 2012. Students, staff and volunteers participated in the installation, surveys and presentation of storm water management issues and solutions.